Switching to an umbrella company can help you take control of your wellbeing
From talking to our contractors in recent months we know managing mental, physical and financial wellbeing throughout the COVID-19 pandemic has been a challenge.
Combine this with the upcoming reform to IR35 and it is no surprise that contractors currently offering their services through a limited company are worried about the potential impact to them and their families.
Many of our clients in this situation have already considered switching to become an umbrella company employee. This could be to better suit their own personal circumstances, a result of IR35 status determinations or agency or end-client stipulated contract requirements.
If you are currently considering your options we wanted to let you know there are numerous benefits to considering umbrella employment and in these uncertain times, they could be even more important to you.
Our service is personalised to your circumstances and focused to promote various areas of wellbeing to help you thrive and be at your best. These include support for your personal health, such as an always-available GP helpline, through to relieving the stress of financial worries by making you feel comfortable and in control of your own financial position.
Personal Health and Wellbeing
- 24/7 Private GP helpline, counseling service, prescriptions and mental health support for you and the family
- Health assessments, specialist referral and access to non NHS health services
- Online fitness, well-being and personal health classes
- £675 cash back per year for dental, optical and other qualifying treatments
- Discount gym membership
- Personal accident cover insurance
- Compliant take-home pay backed by full employment rights including sick pay and maternity/paternity pay and option to roll up or retain holiday pay
- One continuous employer for mortgage applications and credit
- Flexible pension contributions via salary sacrifice
- Access to daily payroll, advance facilities
- Support with expenses opportunities
- Professional Indemnity, Public and Employers Liability insurance
We constantly review these offerings to ensure a culture of contractor wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do. We believe this not only contributes towards keeping you healthy, productive, and achieving a positive work-life balance but also helps you engage with your agency, the end client, and our brand.
We understand that each and every umbrella employee is different and our account managers are committed to providing a bespoke service by getting to know you. Whilst our processes and technology help us do the work we do they will never replace these interpersonal relationships we enjoy. Just check out our Trust Pilot and Google Review scores for yourself.
If you are considering switching to umbrella, whatever your situation, we are here to discuss it and make it as easy as possible for you. Simply call us to discuss your needs with and one of our friendly and experienced team will do the rest.
Article by Gareth Murphy, Workr Umbrella, Head of Customer Experience
Our staff regularly write about subjects that interest them in ways that will interest our clients. Sign up to our newsletter and receive notifications when new content is added.