Payroll Services for Canada

Payroll Services for Canada Contractors

Employment status in Canada

Canada has a history of welcoming foreign expats so if you’ve industry experience and specialization, you’ll find lots of opportunities. More are expected in future due to the baby boomer generation. Highly skilled workers likely to be needed to support the expanding, dynamic economy. Workr International can provide a full range of payroll services in Canada. You’ll be engaged on our payroll and income is paid in the form of salary, allowances and expenses, the proportion of each part depending on your circumstances.

For salary, tax and social security, we deduct your tax and social security at source on a PAYE basis, and payments are made to the authorities on your behalf. You can reduce this taxable amount by offsetting some business expenses. We’ll discuss your personal circumstances with you and help you minimise your tax and social security liabilities, within the boundaries of Canadian legislation. As for your tax return, we’ll take care of this for you. It gets filed each year in Canada, with advice and help from us.

Income tax in Canada

Paying Canadian income tax depends upon various factors, including residency and owning a home in the country, having relatives who live there and Canadian bank accounts. If you’re not resident (in the country for less than 183 days each year), you’ll only pay income tax on money you’ve earned in Canada.

If you’re in the country for longer than 183 days, then you’re considered resident and can be taxed on money that you earn anywhere in the world. Non-resident individuals are subject to Canadian income taxes, calculated at the same graduated rates applicable to residents. These range from 15% on the first $45,916 of taxable income up to 33% of taxable income over $202,800.

Thinking of contracting?

From early planning advice to emergency payroll for imminent work, Workr International can help you with your work arrangements.

Get in touch with one of our advisors now using the phone number at the top of the page, or use our online form and email services.