Hungary Payroll Solutions

Contractors in Hungary can be set up as Employees.

Tax year – The tax year is the calendar year for individuals.

Immigration – Citizens of the EU or the EEA do not need a work and residence permit. Foreign citizens (who are not EU or EEA citizens, now includes UK nationals) must obtain a work permit in order to perform activity as an employee.

Workr Fees – €575 per month plus €350 set up fee. This applied to both the employed and self-employed solutions

Employment Summary

Registration – A tax ID and social security number (TAJ) is required for all candidates. We can assist with the application
process for foreign citizens. The tax ID and the TAJ takes 2 to 5 weeks. Several forms have to be filled and signed. The
registration needs to be completed before the first day of work.

Contract – A standard Hungarian employment contract will be issued to the candidate.

Employers social security – contributions are 17% of the gross salary with no income ceiling.

Employees social security – contributions are 18.5% for social insurance.

Tax – Income tax is a flat rate of 15%.

Benefits – Each calendar year, an employee is entitled to receive at least 20 working days of paid annual leave. The
amount of days can vary depending on age and children.

Workr International Services Map